The Athens Saturday Market is from 8 a.m. to Noon at 409 W. Green St. Athens AL 35611
We would like to thank WOW! Internet Cable & Phone for sponsoring our market this season!
Thank you to Athens State University for sponsoring the Athens Saturday Market by providing free bottled water each week. Our vendors, committee and customers are very grateful!
We hope everyone enjoyed RC Cola & MoonPie Day! We know that these little guys did.
It’s Eat Green Day! The Market Committee will be creating and serving fresh salads this week.
FROM OUR FARMS TO YOUR TABLES
- Black Buggy Produce – fresh baked bread, eggs, strawberry jam and grape preserves
- Geary Farms – squash, zucchini, green tomatoes, red potatoes, cucumbers, jalapeno and banana peppers
- King Family Farms – USDA pork (hot/med sausage, bacon, tenderloin, ribs, pork chops and polish sausage). We will also have brown eggs, kale, cabbage, onions, squash, zucchini, beets, collards and cucumbers
- Reed Farms – squash, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, green tomatoes, maybe a few ripe tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, garlic, cabbage, broccoli and herbs
- Reeder Bees – raw, local honey in a variety of sizes, including comb honey. In addition to our usual wildflower honey, we will also have a limited supply of Goldenrod honey
- Sweet Grass Farm – locally grown and chemical free cut flowers and pastured pork products, all sustainably grown just a few miles from Athens
PREPARED FOOD VENDORS
- Athens Roasting Company – locally-roasted, small batch coffee.
- Suzanne’s – variety of fresh baked goods
- Tutt & Tutt’s – relish, garlic pickles, mustard seed dressing, chess pies, sour cream cornbread and cheese chips
ARTISTS OF THE WEEK
- Roberta Ress Studio- handbuilt and wheel thrown pottery
- Kathryn Maples- doily pottery, clay jewelry and wood door hangers
The Limestone County MASTER GARDENERS welcome your gardening questions!
Be sure to check out the Children’s Corner!
MUSICAL ARTIST – Dr. Mary Crowell will play from 9:00-11:00 AM.
NEXT WEEK will be Bulb/Seed/Flower Swap Day!