ATHENS, Ala. – Start the summer off right by enjoying all downtown has to offer for the entire family!
Fridays After Five will be held on selected Fridays of each month in May-August, beginning this Friday, May 24 from 5-8 p.m. in downtown Athens, AL.
Fridays After Five was created to encourage residents and out-of-towners alike to dine, shop and enjoy live entertainment in our picturesque, historic downtown area.
“Fridays After Five provides a relaxed and casual atmosphere for people to come and enjoy what all downtown has to offer,” said Regina Crawford – the owner of Crawford’s gifts
Each Fridays After Five will be themed, kicking off this year is centered all around Food! Participating businesses and restaurants will remain open on these Fridays. In addition, there will be new local food trucks this week by Rita’s Italian Ice, A Thyme for All Seasons Cajun and more.
Matthew Fisher, owner of Wildwood Deli is looking forward to serving the Fridays After Five patrons, “Wildwood is ready to WOW the Foodies and Families for Friday’s After Five!” Wildwood’s Friday Suppers offer entrée selections such as hand-cut ribeyes, seared scallops, and blue lump crabcakes.
Our local merchants will be bringing their unique items and fabulous specials out on to the sidewalk. Stroll around, browse the specials and visit the Kid Zone’s with the little ones.
The Kid Zone’s booth has now expanded to multiple locations around the square. There will be three booths set up making crafts all things related to food. Don’t forget to stop by and make fun and creative crafts for the kids!
Fridays After Five will once again coincide with the successful Summer Concert Series to promote local artists in the North Alabama area. The Summer Concert series, hosted by Athens-Limestone County Tourism, will be on the Courthouse steps in front of Marion. Headlining this Fridays After Five will be Trippin’ Dixie, a local band from Huntsville. They will be playing this Friday from 7-9 p.m.
The downtown merchants, vendors, and restaurants that will be participating are:
- Bennett’s Clothing: Drawing for $25 Bennett’s Gift card with purchase
- CEI Bookstore: $5 Friday deals (selected books and items) and 25% storewide after 5
- Crawford’s Gifts: $10 off any Lizzy James necklace/bracelet and 10% of boutique clothes
- Epiphany’s: 20% off storewide
- Lucia’s: $4.99 Margaritas
- Pulse Boutique: 20% off boutique items, 10% off medical uniforms
- Rita’s Ice: Italian ice and custard
- Terranova’s: Drawing for $25 gift card
- TH Food Services: “A Thyme for all Seasons” all things Cajun
- Trinity’s: all food items will be 20% off during Fridays After Five
- UG White: Buy one pound of chocolate get the ¼ lb. free
For more information and to stay up-to-date on future Fridays After Five, visit https://www.facebook.com/fridaysafterfive/ or https://athensmainstreet.org/
Comments are closed