ATHENS, Ala. – Athens Main Street and the Athens Saturday Market committee announced today [Thursday, October 8, 2020] a special fall market this upcoming weekend at the Green Street Pavilion located at 409 West Green Street in downtown Athens.
This special market, from 8 a.m. to Noon on October 10, 2020, will allow patrons to shop all of their favorite market vendors, listen to live music from the Old Friends Band, eat delicious beignets from Happi Pappi, and allow children to trick or treat with the market vendors.
The same COVID-19 procedures that were in effect this summer will be in place to keep vendors, patrons, and volunteers safe. Those include asking patrons to sanitize their hands before entering the market, staying six feet apart, and follow the directional arrows placed on the ground. There will be one entrance into the market and one exit. Patrons are allowed to cross over to stalls on the opposite side, the market committee just asks those who do to practice physical distancing. Due to the Governor’s amended safer at home order, masks are required at the market when CDC guidelines cannot be followed. The market committee reserves the right to limit the number of patrons in the market if physical distancing cannot be properly maintained.
Vendors for this special market include the following:
- King Farm – Okra, tomatoes, squash, zucchini, sweet potatoes, turnip greens, cabbage, broccoli, fresh pork, canned goods, and brown eggs.
- Sweetgrass Farms – Pastured pork, figs, and fresh-cut flowers.
- Collin Daly – Pumpkins.
- Delightful Treats – S’mores cupcakes and Halloween decorated vanilla cupcakes.
- Aquanette Mangrum – Homemade fried pies, chow chow, canned items.
- Tutt & Tutt’s – Relish, garlic pickles, mustard seed dressing, chess pies, sour cream cornbread, and cheese chips.
- Moon & Stars Honey Farm – Raw unpasteurized honey. Some with honeycomb.
- The Potter’s Hand – Handmade pottery.
- Anna Peek – Corn stalks, vases of cotton stems, cotton stems, vases of wheat, and corn wreaths.
“I’m so excited about this fun Fall event. Rain or shine, we hope the community will come out to shop with our vendors, enjoy some music and beignets, and bring the kids to ‘trick or treat’,” said Market Manager Kat Greene.
For the latest information on the Athens Saturday Market, visit their website tab at athensmainstreet.org.