ATHENS, Ala. – Athens Main Street announced today [Friday, January 13, 2023] the launch of the Athens Main Street Brand Ambassadors program.
The brand ambassadors will spend the year capturing unique and authentic experiences downtown. Through their efforts, they will showcase merchants, restaurants, events, and even suggest those unique experiences that only downtown insiders know. The ambassadors consist of a diverse group of high school students, parents, young professionals, and business owners. Also, key to the program is all areas of Limestone County is represented by an ambassador.
- Samuel Barker – Junior at Athens State University majoring in Computer Science
- Hillary Black – Athens Native with three children
- Kelly Davis – Loan Officer Assistant for Synovus Bank in downtown Athens
- Jamesa Fletcher – Works at Athens Boys & Girls Club; strives to serve her community
- Emma Hammons – Junior at Athens High School; co-captain of color guard team
- Melinda Jones – Adult New Programs and Outreach Coordinator at Athens-Limestone County Public Library
- Felicia McGee – REALTOR/Owner at EXIT Realty Downhome in downtown Athens
- Will Paustian – Senior at Clements High School
- Devin Simmons – Jacksonville State University graduate – Public Relations & Marketing professional
- Suzy Smallwood – Commercial Insurance Account Manager for Kilgro & Associates Insurance Agencies
- Lisa Townsend – Lives in NW Limestone County, enjoys working on a farm and spending time with her family
- Bama Vinson – REALTOR at Dream Key Real Estate; enjoys volunteering with the North Alabama Zoological Society
- Blake Williams – Communication & Research Specialist for the Limestone County Economic Development Association
“Our brand ambassador program involves forming partnerships with people who love downtown Athens and want to share all the great things there are to experience in our historic, lovely city,” Athens Main Street Executive Director Tere Richardson said.
About Athens Main Street (AMS)
The mission of Athens Main Street is to enhance downtown vibrancy, preserve its historic charm, empower its community of business owners, and foster a center of activity for the community.