ATHENS, Ala. – Bring your friends and family to Downtown Athens and come see what the Square has to offer!
Fridays After Five will be on selected Fridays of each month in May- August; the upcoming event is June 21st from 5 p.m. – 8 p.m. at the Square in Downtown Athens.
Fridays After Five is a great event catered to the whole family to dine, shop and enjoy live entertainment while appreciating the historical aspect of the downtown area.
This week, we have many different food options! Our restaurants will once again be staying open late to provide food and beverage specials. We are adding more new and great food trucks, catering to all foodies’ desires!
The second Fridays After Five will feature six different food trucks, BBQ, hotdogs, stuffed potatoes and Cajun!
We are introducing three brand new food trucks to Fridays After Five! New South Hot Dog from Huntsville is excited to offer different types and styles of hotdogs and sides.
Spud Truck has already made its debut at Athens Saturday Market and we are thrilled that they will be joining us at this upcoming Fridays After Five. Who doesn’t love homemade fries and stuffed baked potatoes?
TH Food Services will feature “All the Right Seasonings” to help satisfy your barbecue craving! A past fan favorite, Our Little Kitchen, is excited to be adding spice back into your life with their Cajun style food.
Rita’s Italian Ice will once again be bringing yummy Italian ice and custard. Craving a different sweet treat? Sno-Boss will be coming to offer all types of snow cones!
Tyrone Harris, owner of TH Food Services says,” Nothing better on a Friday than great entertainment, friendly people and an awesome meal to compliment!”
Each Fridays After Five event this year has a unique theme; this week is all about Friendship. What better way to visit the food trucks than with your friends?
Kid Zone’s will once again be set up on various sides of the Square. Bring your friends and make friendship bracelets, color, receive cool prizes and more!
Amy Higginbotham, owner of Trinity’s, says “Fridays After Five is such a fun event for the whole family and by staying open later it gives us exposure to a crowd that we may have otherwise missed.”
The Summer Concert series, hosted by Athens-Limestone County Tourism, will be on the Courthouse steps in front of Marion street. Headlining this Fridays After Five will be One Voice. They will be performing this Friday from 7 p.m. – 9 p.m.
The downtown merchants, vendors and restaurants that will be participating are:
- Lucia’s: $4.99 Margaritas
- Terranova’s: Drawing for $25 gift card
- Village Pizza: Pizza, salads, subs and wings
- Wildwood Deli: Fridays Suppers
- New South Hotdog: Five different styles of hotdogs and various sides
- Our Little Kitchen: Seafood gumbo, shrimp po’ boys and other Cajun style foods
- Rita’s: Italian ice and custard
- Sno-Boss: Different flavors of sno-cones
- Spud Truck: BBQ potatoes, maple bacon sweet potato fries, fajita curly fries and more
- TH Food Services: “All the Right Seasonings” Barbecue
- Bennett’s Clothing: Men’s and women’s clothing store
- Boneyard Antiques: Unique items and antiques
- Boutique Bliss: Women’s clothing boutique
- CEI Bookstore: $5 deals and apparel discounts
- Crawford’s Gifts: Gifts, clothing and home décor
- Epiphany’s: Women’s clothing boutique
- Garnet’s: 20% end tables, vintage trucks, and suitcases
- High Cotton: Art demos, light refreshments and special discounts
- Pimento’s: Gifts and home décor
- Pulse Boutique: 20% boutique clothes and 10% medical uniforms
- Snapdragon’s: Kid’s clothing store
- Tammy’s Fine Jewelry: Earrings, necklaces and rings
- Toodlebug’s: Baby and children’s boutique
- Trinity’s: Gifts and home décor
- UG White: Buy 1 lb. of chocolate and get ¼ lb. free